Saturday, June 14, 2014

][ we have to stop meeting like this...

Hello, blawgh. Long time no see.

I got in this weird cycle of not writing, and then starting writing, and then not finishing my entry and never posting it and then it was so old I had a million other things to talk about so I’d start over, and so on. But enough of that, I think I just need to accept that I’m not gonna be able to catch you up anytime soon.

So, bullet points:
- I did end up doing the Ravellenics, sort of. Knit socks for the Knitting Dead Cage Match, without doing anything for the proper Ravellenics bureaucracy. Crazy story. Maybe I will tell it someday. Won a set of stitch markers!
- I knit a whole bunch of stuff
- Went to MDS&W, got very few pictures, managed not to spend too much money
- Bought a lot of yarn online
- Probably gonna buy more yarn online
- Did a swap in TKD which was amahzing!

And unfortunately, for now, I’m not going into detail because moving forward is the name of today’s game.

One of the reasons I’ve been writing here less is that I have been more sociable on the Ravelry forums, which has the added bonus of keeping me more in the loop, so for once I am actually thinking about the Tour de Fleece in advance. I think I’m gonna do it. My goal is solely going to be to spin for at least 15 minutes each day (save the rest days, I guess, as is tradition, but ideally making up for those with extra time on the others.) I don’t have a fiber quantity goal or anything, I just need to make myself do it. Spindle acceptable but I’d like to put most of my mileage on the wheel. Otherwise I don’t have a game plan-- except maybe to move on to actually knitting with what I spun after I do it. Baby steps. Fifteen minutes a day is an easy enough goal that I will kick myself in the face if I don’t accomplish it.

And that’s about it, really. I’ve been knitting lots, lots and lots and lots, but I’m too lazy to dig up pictures right now. Deal with it, you get a boring update today. Next time I’ll try to spice it up.

Hopefully it won’t be six months til the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment