Saturday, June 4, 2011

][ and now for something completely different

SUP INTERNET??!?  Meet my new friend: 



So I was trying to figure out something I could use to block and hold hats that would be a little bit more head-shaped than the big can I've been using to take pictures.  In  my usual aimless browsing of the web, I came across a cool tutorial on making duct-tape dress dummies for fitted bodysuit costumes, and it seemed like the perfect solution.  So, I bought a roll of (super cool) duct tape, and informed my roommate I was going to mummify her head: 


Believe it or not there's a person under there.

Ideally of course I'd like one shaped after my head, but this will definitely help!  Cutting and re-sticking it was a little tricksy, but it turned out pretty well:




Rather lacking in detail, but much better suited to holding and shaping hats than anything else I had on hand. 

Also, it has flames on it.  How can you not love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment